Sherwood FC is committed to ensuring your child plays football in a safe environment. As part of this commitment, managers, coaches, and other adults regularly coming into contact with players will have to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service “DBS” check (previously called CRB checks) to ensure their suitability.
In addition, as a FA Charter Standard Club following the FA Respect Programme, each team has a least one adult achieving the following within 12 months of the team being established:
- Minimum FA Level One certificate in coaching football.
- Attendance at the FA Safeguarding Children course.
- Emergency First Aid Certificate.
A copy of the FA respect guidelines for players and parents can be found on the FA website.
If you have any concerns or queries regarding safeguarding, please contact the Club Welfare Officer, Rechell Palmer at: [email protected].
- FA – Belief in the Game – A practical guide to Spirituality, Faith, and Football
- FA – Respect Code of Conduct – Players
- FA – Respect Code of Conduct – Coaches and Officials
- FA – Respect Code of Conduct – Spectators and Parents
- SFC – FA – Club Rules Consitution
- SFC – FA – Equality Policy
- SFC – FA – Football Leadership Diversity Code
- SFC – FA – Safeguarding Children Policy (Adult Teams with U18 Players)
- SFC – FA – Safeguarding Children Policy (Youth Teams)
- FA – Respect Code of Conduct